Sixty Martin Place Completes - Setting A New Standard in Premium Office Space in Sydney

02 October 2019

Investa Commercial Property Fund (ICPF or the ‘Fund’) and joint owner Gwynvill Group (Gwynvill), today announced the completion of the circa $1 billion, Premium Grade, Sixty Martin Place development (the ‘Building’). Designed by leading international design practice HASSELL and constructed by Lendlease, the 33- level tower is the only Premium Grade Sydney CBD office development to be completed in 2019.

Sixty Martin Place is 80% pre-committed, with the remaining 20% in the final stages of negotiation. Joining major tenants Norton Rose Fulbright, Mizuho Financial Group, Munich Re, Banco Chambers and International Workplace Group (Spaces), are prominent legal and infrastructure investment management firms Thomson Geer and HRL Morrison.

Thomson Geer secured 3,193 square metres on levels 12-14, while investment management firm HRL Morrison secured 827 square metres. Bar M’s Paola Toppi will open Toppi Martin Place, a vibrant Italian restaurant and bar in October this year on the Macquarie Street and Martin Place corner, while 60 Buvette, a new European inspired café serving artisan coffee, will open in the lobby in November this year.

Mark Tait, Group Executive & Head of Commercial Development at Investa said: “The successful completion of Sixty Martin Place marks a significant accomplishment for ICPF and Gwynvill. The Building has revitalised the eastern end of Martin Place and the Building’s distinctive façade has enriched the Sydney CBD skyline, whilst contributing significant place making amenity to the surrounds, for both occupiers and the public. To complete this Premium development at close to full occupancy, is a great development outcome. The exceptional calibre of tenants that have chosen the Building reflects its strong appeal to companies that seek a Premium, 21st century workplace. The Building has been meticulously designed with industry leading technology and world class user amenities. Sixty Martin Place will provide a connected, thriving place to work and conduct business and we look forward to welcoming our tenants in the coming months,” said Mr Tait.

The striking Building incorporates over 40,000 square metres of lettable area, with landscaped terraces, retail and a high-end restaurant and bar. The foyer is characterised by extensive natural light, with a grand scale achieved through elevated ceilings and carefully selected finishes. Adjacent St Stephens Church is revealed by the five-story civic room, which provides connectivity between Martin Place and Macquarie Street and allows the city to reconnect with a previously unseen aspect of the historic church.

Jason Leong, Fund Manager, ICPF said: “ICPF and Gwynvill’s joint ownership of Sixty Martin Place demonstrates our commitment to delivering exceptional quality, innovation and sustainable design to create an iconic Sydney commercial office tower, that upon completion, has delivered strong investment performance and returns for our unitholders.”

The design of the Building enables expansive views to be captured of the Opera House, Sydney Harbour, Hyde Park and Sydney’s eastern suburbs. Tenancy fit-out designs have taken advantage of the side-core design and features such as large floorplates with minimal columns, premium lighting and ceilings.

Sustainable design and construction and the integration of cutting-edge building technology will contribute to reduced energy use, more efficient operation and maintenance and a seamless user experience. Digital visitor management and locker booking systems allow tenants to access and book space in the building from 2 their smart device. Smart access-controlled doors, speed stiles, lifts and a smart carpark management system are also incorporated.

Michael Cook, Group Executive Property, Investa said: “From the outset, Investa and Gwynvill were committed to creating a building of exceptional quality, elegance and timeless design, that would exceed the expectations of top tier global and Australian companies.

Our aim of contributing to Council’s Sustainable Sydney 2030 vision and helping to revitalise Martin Place as a key financial and economic hub, has been achieved.

Demand for space has been outstanding with strong rents achieved. We anticipate the Building will be 100% committed by the end of the year,” said Mr Cook.

Sixty Martin Place was recently awarded the WELL Core & Shell Pre-certification at the Platinum level, the highest WELL rating that can be achieved. The Building is also targeting a 6 Star Green Star Office Design and As-Built Rating and a 5 Star NABERS Energy Rating.




Source:  Investa -

Contact:  N/A

External Links:  N/A

Recent news by:  Investa